Helplink Mental Health is responding to COVID 19 crisis, for all our communities locally, nationally and internationally; who are struggling with their mental health/emotional wellbeing.
We are responding by providing the below counselling services online for FREE; 7 days a week
to people’s homes and other private spaces (car, office, shed, barn, while you’re walking, etc.)
- Free counselling online for people laid off work by the COVID 19 crisis (6 sessions).
- Our free national gambling problem counselling service is still available throughout the pandemic and beyond.
You can contact us about these online counselling services by calling 0818 99 88 80 or 091 759887
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please support us in this initiative by donating to our charity through the link below; or on our Facebook page – by clicking here.
Notes on Helplink‘s free counselling services:
- In the free counselling services are only available online or by phone (in certain circumstances) nationally. Clients will be provided with 6 free appointments; this service will last as long as Helplink deems appropriate or until the client finishes their six appointments.
- Clients must provide evidence of their status to avail of the free or discounted services. This can be an email/text from your employer saying you have been laid off, it can be a copy of any correspondence from the Department of Social Protection saying they are processing your application, etc; all you need to do is show this to the counsellor on the first appointment; no need to email or post it in.
- Clients must have access to a Smartphone, Laptop, iPad/tablet or PC, as we use a free, easy-to-use video/phone app for counselling appointments.
- Clients must give 48hrs notice for cancellations/postponements or you will either lose one of your allotted free appointments or may have to pay for the missed low cost appointments.
- This is not a crisis service.
- We can only support people with mild to moderate mental health/wellbeing issues e.g. issues with anxiety, stress, mild to moderate depression, etc.
- Although we provide appointments 7 days a week our admin officers are only available during office hours Monday to Friday.
- In general our current counsellors have given up their time voluntarily for this response. However, we have also taken on Master’s level (level 9) students to help with our response.
- This counselling services are only available online and we reserve the right to cease the services.
As mentioned above we are not a crisis service. If you are in a mental health crisis here is a link to a list of services that can support you or someone you know; http://www.mentalhealthireland.ie/need-help-now/ or Text 50808 the new Crisis Text Line https://www.crisistextline.ie/faqs.
If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide or self-harm, during this crisis you should make contact immediately with one of the following:
- Your local doctor
- Your local Accident & Emergency department of the nearest hospital
- Call 999
Other Helplink Counselling Services Available:
Our low cost counselling services for people who are employed are also still available nationwide – see our other services pages for more.
As are our further discounted counselling services for: full-time (third level) students, part-time counselling students, part-time workers (working less then 20 hours a week), single parents, people in receipt of a social protection payments (e.g. Jobseeker’s Benefit/Allowance, Disability Benefit etc.). See our other services pages for more.
- General Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Youth Counselling (including addiction)
- Addiction Counselling
- Bereavement Therapy
- Play Therapy (Galway and Mayo only)
- Art Therapy (Galway and Mayo only)